There is no bigger designer brand in the world than Louis Vuitton. In fact, Forbes reports that the company is worth 27.3 billion dollars and has been titled the most valuable luxury brand in the world.
Since its early beginnings, Louis Vuitton has become a fashion statement, a status symbol, and a timeless brand. A-list celebrities have at least one LV item in their possession. However, not many LV fans know some interesting facts about Louis Vuitton. Today, We have gathered 15 amazing facts on the amazing brand we’ve all come to know and love over the years:
- Louis Vuitton Malletier realized he had a knack for creating trunks at the young age of 16.
- The House of Vuitton, as a brand, is more than 160 years old! It was founded in 1854 in Rue Neuve des Capucines.
- Initially, Louis Vuitton only created luggage and trunks. It wasn’t until 1892 when he began creating handbags.
- Louis Vuitton has been struggling with imitations for more than a century! In fact, other luggage makers imitated his trunks’ design. Consequently, in 1876, Vuitton created and implemented his iconic beige and brown stripes design.
- Since then, the incredibly successful fashion house has not only legally acquired and protected their signature stripe pattern but also the famous color combination and brand monogram.
- Authentic Louis Vuitton bags have handles that are made of cowhide leather. It has a light, tan shade and it is edged with red dye and yellow stitching. Over time, the colors evolve into dark brown.
- Louis Vuitton is cheaper in its home of France than in China. No wonder so many Chinese tourists return from their French getaway with new LV bags!
- Eyeing that LV bag and waiting for it to go on sale? Don’t bother, Louis Vuitton never does a sale or give discounts on their items!
- Unlike most fashion houses that design bag collections according to trends and seasons, LV’s bags are consistently fashionable and timeless. You can use your Louis Vuitton bag for years and still look modern.
- Ever wonder why Louis Vuitton bags are so durable? It’s because each bag goes through several durability tests before it makes its way to stores worldwide. Each bag is filled with 3.5 kilograms of weights and dropped from half a meter for four days. The material also goes through ultraviolet treatment to prevent fading. And the zippers? It is said that they are opened and closed 5,000 times to guarantee that they will work when a customer uses it.
- Be very careful when buying Louis Vuitton products for a huge percentage of LV merchandise on the market is fake. Only buy from official stores, trusted sellers and secondhand stores like Bagatelle Boutique.
- Louis Vuitton was once hired to work for Napoleon Bonaparte’s wife. He worked as a personal box-maker and packer and this was how he found his way to the elite clients.
- The largest Louis Vuitton store sits on Champs-Elysées, the most prestigious address in Paris. In totality, the museum-like store is made of silver and gold accents and yes, a lot of LV products and monograms.
- All Louis Vuitton products are still meticulously and painstakingly made by hand in their factory in France.
- Now this rumored fact is not anywhere close to fun: after each season, all LV products left unsold are sent back to the factory in France to be destroyed. You read that right. Each carefully handmade piece is shredded or burned to maintain the LV value and class.
Louis Vuitton at Bagatelle Boutique
At Bagatelle Boutique, we offer a wide range of Louis Vuitton bags online and accessories. From shoulder bags to evening clutches and even shoes, we’ve got it for you. We guarantee that they are original and will pass your inspection! You can also check out our other selections of LV products from wallets to travel bags. Get the high-quality designer bag without paying the full retail price!